A pre-workout snack is essential to having an effective workout! Your snack doesn’t have to be time consuming, and you want to make sure you don’t over eat and feel too full during your workout. Simple and healthy is key! Just make sure you are getting a healthy mix of carbs, fat, and most importantly, PROTEIN!
Nut Butter & Banana Rice Cakes from Sophia
Prep & Cook Time: 5 min • 5 min
Gluten-Free • Vegetarian • Makes 2 Rice Cakes
- 2 Rice Cakes
- Almond Butter ( or Peanut Butter)
- 1 ripe Banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of gluten-free Granola
- Plate the rice cakes
- Spread 1 tbs of nut butter and 1 tbs of jam onto each rice cake
- Add sliced banana
- Add granola for an extra crunch!
Overnight Quick Oats from Carly
Prep & Cook Time: 5 min • Refrigerate Overnight
Gluten-Free • Makes 2 Oat Bowls
- 2⁄3 cup Gluten-Free Quick Oats
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop of Protein Powder
- Optional Power-Boosting Toppings: Banana, Berries, Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Yogurt, Granola, Peanut Butter
- Mix quick oats and almond milk together in a mixing bowl
- Stir in protein powder
- Add in optional power-boosts!
- Split into 2 glass containers for a grab & go pre-workout snack!
Apple Spice Muffins from Ashley
Prep & Cook Time: 5 min • 20 min
Vegan • Makes 12 Muffins
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1⁄2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Oats
- 1⁄2 grated Apple
- 4 oz Apple-Sauce (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 1 1⁄4 cup Cashew Milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix together dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, don’t over mix!
- Fold in any additional add-ins you may like, I added some slivered almonds
- Scoop about 1⁄4 cup into greased muffin tin, sprinkle with more oats, bake at 375° for 18-20 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean
Be sure to check out out Fitness Snacks Ebook for more recipes like this, including workout some quick and easy workout tips!