Vegan or eating primarily plant-based? The next question that usually follows goes something like this, “So, where do you get your protein?!” It’s not a problem! You can easily get all the protein you need from plant-based sources.
Get your vegan vibe on with these protein packed favorites:
- Let your heart be Soy-ful. Legume products such as tofu, tempeh, edamame and soy milk are superior sources of high quality complete protein.
- Stick to the fundamentals and eat your Lentils. Yellow, orange, green, brown or black, lentils are tiny protein powerhouses. Choose unsprouted lentils for the most powerful punch
- Give Peas a chance! Green, split or black-eyed, they are all protein packed and fiber rich too.
PPB Fun Fact: Pea protein is the complete protein found in Protein Power Ball!
- Sow the Seeds of change in your diet by adding pumpkin, chia, flax and sunflower seeds for added crunch and nutrition.
- We are spilling the Beans! You heard it here. Beans of any variety whether dried, frozen or canned, are a staple pantry protein. Combine with rice for a complete protein meal.
- We’re nuts about Nut Butter! Almond, peanut (technically a legume!), pistachio or walnut butter slathered on sprouted grain bread or even an apple is the perfect grab and go way to refuel.
- Crazy for Quinoa! Another versatile complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids. You can incorporate it into breakfast, lunch and dinner and you can even pop quinoa similarly to popcorn for a treat.
- Bulgur wheat can’t be beat. Each nutty bite of this ancient grain is protein packed and fiber filled.
- Don’t forget your greens! Spinach is one of the most nutrient-dense leafy green vegetables a person can eat and the protein in spinach contains all 9 essential amino acids
- Magical Mushrooms transform any dish with protein, vitamin D, and folate in every bite.
Pick your protein and power on!
Back to Plant-Based Lifestyle