Do you ever have a “sad desk lunch”? We’ve all been there, done that, but enough is enough! Did you know that it will actually save you time AND money AND boring, unfulfilling lunches if you plan ahead and prep tasty lunches for yourself? Lunch doesn’t have to be this big elaborate meal, but it should have a balance of protein, carbs, and fats so you can fill up and regain your energy to keep crushing the day! These lunch recipes are great to prep on Sunday, then you will be ready to go for the week. No more wasting time and money on daily prep, or trying to find last minute meals that can be overpriced, and not nearly as tasty.
Easy BBQ Sandwich from Emily
Prep & Cook Time: 10 min • 10 min
Gluten-Free • Vegetarian • Makes 1 Sandwich
- 2 slices of GF Bread
- 1 Salmon or Veggie Burger
- 1 tbs BBQ sauce
- 1⁄2 Avocado
- Grilled Bell Peppers
- Lightly coat your burger with BBQ sauce and pan sear both sides
- Toast 2 slices of your favorite bread
- Using a fork, mash your avocado onto one slice of bread
- Assemble your sandwich with your burger, veggies, and any additional sauce of choice! (I add sriracha for a bit of a kick)
Roasted Veggie Salad (with Chicken) from Michele
Prep & Cook Time: 25 min • 5 min
Gluten-Free • Vegetarian (Optional) • Makes 1 Salad
1 Serving Organic Spring Mix Roasted Veggies
3-4 oz Grilled Chicken
40-50 grams of Greek Yogurt
2 tbs Poppyseed Dressing
1 Slice of Lemon
Swap Chicken for Beans for vegan protein
Add almonds and/or avocado for more healthy fats
- Add a slice of bread to the side and/or some croutons for more carbs
- Roast Veggies (click HERE)
- Grab a salad bowl and let’s get this meal going. Add one serving of organic spring mix to a bowl.
- In another bowl, heat already roast- ed veggies along with 3-4 oz of chicken (or vegan protein alternate)
- While heating veggies, mix the greek yogurt and salad dressing together in a bowl. Then, squeeze in a bit of lemon juice.
- When veggies are done, add them onto salad. Add dressing mixture and enjoy your salad bowl!
Black Bean Burgers from Jen
Prep & Cook Time: 10 min • 20 min
Gluten-Free • Vegan • Makes 8 Burgers
1 can of unsalted Black Beans
2⁄3 cup of Chickpea Crumbs
1⁄2 cup of diced Green Pepper
2 Garlic cloves
1 tbs of Chili Powder
1 tsp of Cumin
1⁄4 of a small Onion
1⁄2 of a Lime (juiced)
Pink Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Wash, rinse, and dry the black beans, then mash them in a big bowl.
- Add green pepper, onion, and gar- lic into a food processor and blend. Try to get as much water out as possible.
- Add the mixture, egg, chickpea crumbs, and seasonings to the black beans.
- Mix and form into patties.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway
- Plate and add your favorite top- pings! (Store remaining in the freezer)
Herb Feta Crusted Salmon from Kate
Prep & Cook Time: 5 min • 15 min
Gluten-Free • Vegetarian • Makes 1 Salmon Filet
Filet of Salmon
1⁄2 cup Crumbled Dairy-Free Feta
1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
2 tbs chives
1⁄2 juice of Lemon
1⁄8 tsp salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a bowl combine; crumbled dairy free feta, chopped parsley, chopped chives, juice of lemon, salt, black pepper
- On a parchment lined baking sheet place salmon and drizzle with avocado oil.
- Top and cover the salmon with feta and herb mixture, patting down gently.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of your salmon)
Be sure to check out out Fitness Snacks Ebook for more recipes like this, including workout some quick and easy workout tips!